There are quite a few interesting things that are included in the chapter introduction for the new SINoALICE x DOD3 chapter “Harmonic Interference*“.
* I have an alternate translation for this below…!
First off we have a couple lines by Zero:
- “Mikhail, I will save you at all costs!”
There are a couple keywords that we can see in this shot:
- The Wall of Jericho (エリコの壁) – This is the wall that was built around Shinjuku after the 6.12 incident to keep the White Chlorination Syndrome from spreading.
- Will of God (神の意志) – If you take the largest kanji bit that covers the majority of the screen here and add these together, it looks like 神 aka “god”. The circle next to it is likely part of the hiragana の needed to complete this keyword phrase: 神の意志 or the “Will of God”.
- Maso (魔素) – This is the so-called “demonic element” that comes from the Red Dragon’s remains after it is cursed by the Mother Angel aka the Queen Beast.
- The Origin (始祖) – These jumbled kanji bits had me stumped for awhile, but thanks to a comment on Twitter, I was able to fix this part. This term can be translated as the “founder” or “origin”…It is likely referencing god as the creator of all or it could be talking about Maso and how it’s involved in the very existence of the Utautai.
There’s also a direct connection to NieR:Automata hidden here. See the text wrapped around in a circle?
You can see that it says ポッド042ポッド153デポルポボル (Pod042 Pod153 Devola Popola) listed there. The text wraps in a circle, so it’s unclear what order it’s meant to be. A couple frames after the above images, the text in this circle starts glitching out, replacing legible words with meaningless garbage.
- Distortion in time… the great Apocalypse
- The starting point, the Utautai
- The Will of God
- Special Weapons Organization (特殊兵器群) – Not sure what this is referring to, either. I don’t believe this term has been used in any of the previous titles of NieR or Drakengard… But, I get really weird vibes from this…such as something from KimiShini perhaps?? The experimental students at the Special Abilities School could be considered a sort of “special weapon” in development.
- Dragon – This could be a stand-alone reference to the race of “noble dragons” that were forcefully transported into the Drakengard world in 856… Or it could be coupled with the aforementioned Special Weapons Organization since a new weapon was designed to support the conflict in the Kingdom of Night in 6230.
- [Ki] – The letters in brackets line up vertically to spell “Anki”.
- Falldown – This is probably a figurative reference to nuclear meltdown in terms of the multiple timelines. Or maybe it’s meant to be reversed as in the word “downfall” aka the inevitable failure of something…something like time and all of its various branches.
Here we see a bunch of items from the overall timeline:
- EID_M0010 – Branch A, Chapter Zero, Verse 1 (March 4, 999)
Zero and Michael storm the Cathedral City.
- EID_M1510 – Zero, Mikhail, and Octa…
- EID_M2310 – Branch D, Verse 1 (March 19, 1000)
Zero and the gang search the Kingdom of Mountains
- EID_M3210 Branch B, Verse 1 (April 1, 1000)
Zero and the gang search the Kingdom of Forests
- EID_M3320 Branch D, Verse 4 (April 4, 1000)
Zero kills Five.
- EID_M4310 Branch D, Verse 5 (April 14, 1000)
Zero and the gang arrive in the Kingdom of Sands
- EID_M5320 Branch D, Last Verse (April 22, 1000)
Mikhail and Zero battle against the “Flower” and destroy it
More specific dates:
- 997 – Usubeni (Zero) dies.
- 998 – Suddenly, contact from each ruling lord is lost.
- 998 – One creates Brother One
- 1000 – The Utautai are destroyed.
- 2003 – A strange being appears above Shinjuku.
- 2010 – The “origin”…
The word they use here is “始祖” which appears to be used for the Red Dragon after it had been affected by the curse of the Queen Beast… causing Maso to appear.
- 2016 – The drug “Luciferase” was completed to delay the progression of the “White Chlorination Syndrome”.
- 2026 – Experimental Weapon No7 (Emil) is developed.
- 2033 – Relapsed Gestalts (Shades) are…
- 2034 – “Project Gestalt”
The next shot of the timeline shows a lot of glitching as much of the lines are nothing but gibberish:
- The Great Apocalypse
About 15 years have passed since that battle.
A mysterious disaster occurred on the Iberian Peninsula in the year 856.
- It is our origin, the harmonizer of the world.
- Harmonic Interference or… Accord’s Interference
It might be important to mention here that, according to the DOD3 Complete Guide, the name for Accord is taken from French which translates to “harmony”. More specifically, the Japanese that is given is 調和 or 和音. Notice, that 調和 (chouwa) appears in this chapter title. Therefore, it may be better to translate it as Accord… maybe Accord’s Interference.
Lastly, it’s interesting how blood is used in this trailer. First, we see a small drop falling in the darkness from which the first couple of keywords appear. The camera zooms out while spinning a couple times before we’re engulfed in a pool of blood as the keyword “Falldown” appears on the screen. Bright, yellowish petals begin to race to the top of the screen that makes it feel like we are falling. Then, from the top of the screen again, comes a splatter of blood that reaches throughout the timeline. The red blood stains slowly turn black the further we fall until the text of the timeline begin to glitch. Then finally the blood splatter hits the center of the screen where the chapter title “Harmonic Interference” appears.
We know the blood of the Utautai is far reaching and likely has ties to the “Flower” entity that wants to destroy the world. Perhaps this chapter will explore yet another unknown branch in this tangled mess of timelines.