Here’s the 12 page (and cover) issue detailing all sorts of stuff about . I have yet to read it, but I do plan on translating the majority that’s printed here. Please hang in there until I can get that done. <3
The majority of the contents in this article deal with the thoughts and comments of various members from Platinum Games, even Kamiya Hideki, who seemed to know very little of or Yoko Taro. ^^; Therefore, I don’t think I’ll translate this word for word. We’ll see if I have time to do it later on.
In the meantime, here are some of the main bits of information that we learn about the game in this article:
- Able to choose difficulty level. The game is designed so that even the standard difficulty is not too terribly difficult.
- We will be able to explore a desert location similar to the area outside of the Barren Temple (lit. Sanctuary of Sand) and Façade (lit. City of Masks).
- The controller interface is highly responsive. Attacks are spread out between the SQUARE and TRIANGLE buttons, each one representing one of the two equipped weapons.
- You can equip two sets of two weapons and can rapidly switch between the two sets. Weapons include a short sword, great sword, and glove bracers.
- There is a sword with ridges in it that make it resemble a type of saw.
- Attacks can be performed even during jumping, evading, and dashing. These movement can be cancelled out at any moment.
- Incoming bullet attacks can be destroyed with Pod.
- 2B is a pretty quiet character, but she will occasionally speak during attacks.
- The design of the bullets have been upgraded. Light effects from them can also be seen on the surface of the ground.
- The sound that objects make will be determined by the size of the room you’re in. For example, the reverb will be greater when you strike metal while in a small, enclosed room compared to in a wide open field.
- There will be many nature sound effects as well, including the sound or a river and birds chirping. Sound designer Shindou Masato states that there are at least 100 different variations of bird calls.
- The material of 2B and 9S’s costumes are made out of velvet. This was especially difficult to achieve in the 3D models.
- The towns and camps in the game are actually outposts made by the Resistance. These are the remnants of the 8th Machine War in 11732. They were also seen in the YoRHa Stage Play.
- It was previously thought that the Resistance was wiped out by the end of the play, but now it is clear that those particular members were not the only survivors.
Lastly, unrelated to the article but related to the presentation at E3, Yoko Taro stated that the B in 2B’s name stands for “Battler”. I don’t think I ever wrote about this in my previous speculations, but this was one of the possibilities I thought of… just because of my love of B’t X… ^^;
Yosuke Saito stated in the E3 presentation that the game will be released simultaneously worldwide:
“We’re currently developing towards a global, simultaneous release in early 2017.”